2009/06/18

May is over. Parts start arriving.

I mostly spent a lot of money during this time, but while I was at it, I cleaned and painted the front wheels.


Takes primer well.




My motor controller arrives.


A few days later, the motor comes.


And the charger.


And the parts manual, along with the service manual reprint.



Time to buy more paint and tools.


Bondo, autobody hammers.


My battery pack, along with some angle iron to make a battery tray out of. Welding cable for wiring, copper pipe to make cable ends, heat-shrink tubing. Ten gallons of gear oil, the tranny takes 2, the diff takes 6.


A drain pan to collect the old oil.


Transmission shaft coupler.


Transmission pulley.


Something to connect the pulley to a shaft, and reduce the rpms. The motor does 2400 rpm, the old gas engine did about 1800, so I want to reduce that.


The shaft connects to the motor with a 3 jaw coupler. This allows a little leeway when running, so the alignment doesn't have to be 100%.


New steering u-joint, brake rod boots.


Corks for that hole with the missing plug. No one in Calgary sells rubber plugs, not Grainger, not Gregg's distributors, not Napa. The only place I could find plugs is "Michael's Craft Supply". I spent the better part of an afternoon searching for these damn things.


New steering wheel, new shift boot, and new shifter knob.


New mylar decals, and a new serial number plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment