2010/02/21

Heavy Metal

The new winch frame is all painted and mounted on the transmission case.




The frame for the snowplow is all welded up. I still need to add some side support brackets, and some kind of rotating joint to bolt the plow to later, but that can wait.


Now that that's all put together, I can set it aside for a while. I'm perfectly happy with how the tractor performs, and things seem placed where I want them to be. Now it's time to upgrade the power supply.

These are eight, 6v, Trojan t-105 batteries. They will allow me to work outside for 3-4 hours with no problem, which for my size of lot will be absolute overkill.


I've taken the existing 12v batteries out, and their tray. I will be using these in parallel for a large 12v power bank. Great to run a little inverter, power some tools out in the back of the yard, and run the accessories on the tractor.


Hopefully I'll be able to get that built next weekend. The days are getting longer, and my house will be done in April. I need to have this thing ready to go.

3 comments:

  1. keep up the good work, really enjoying watching your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hey, thanks man, I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work...................!
    how much horse power does it generates

    ReplyDelete