2010/01/30

This winch mount is dead. We can rebuild it, better, stronger, faster.

So I bought a new cultivator from a nice fellow up near Bergen. Thank you Greg, I appreciate it.



I wasn't happy with the format of that winch mount I made. When I was putting it together, I didn't have any better material to work with. So the other day I bought this rectangular tubing, spent a couple hours drilling the mount holes, and today I welded the roller guild support to it. This will be much better, because I'll have many more bolts holding the mount to the transmission case, and I can actually get my hand in there to thread the bolts.


The frame for the snowplow is coming along. I got it cleaned up and trimmed down today, but I wasn't able to weld it. It got too cold and dark to try it this evening. No matter, it's ready to go for next time.





Here are a couple pictures to show the tractor in its current form in decent light, because I haven't been able to get any good shots lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment