2010/03/28

I was framed.

So with the battery frame done:



I started working on the sheet metal.  But it turns out that was a bad idea.  When I built that replacement hood support, I measured the height off the dashboard support, guessing that the front of the hood would be at the same height.


As you can see, there are some rather serious panel gap issues.  No matter, I'm putting the sheet metal to bed for the time being, until I can get my hands on a metal brake and an air compressor so I can make some new side panels.  That probably won't be until winter.


Speaking of winter, I need to finish that snow/dirt plow that I was building.

I should have measured the distance between the top uprights of the frame before I welded it, it was too narrow.  So, I cut them off, made new ones, drilled them out, and welded them onto the frame.


Made a little support for the plow.


Then I welded it onto the frame. Ignore the clamp, I didn't have a proper 1/2inch bolt for the main 'hinge'.




There are three holes in the plow bracket so I can angle it however I want. Should be useful.



Looks pretty good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment