2009/12/28

Laying low voltage conduit all afternoon long.

Somehow my version of the song just doesn't have the same emphasis as David Wilcox's.

No matter.


I needed something to connect the positive cable end to. The threaded battery terminal was too big, so I had to improvise.


Deliciously dangerous wiring near the driveshaft. This is the solenoid that allows the winch to operate in the up and down directions.


Ass-ugly wiring everywhere. The chain and hooks are temporary until I can get some proper lifting chain and threaded links, or something like that.


The control switch was designed to work on an ATV handlebar, so it doesn't really match up all that well with my steering column. I may change this later, but this works for the time being. Zip-tie apocalypse behind the dash.


It actually works, the lift arms go up.


Can that be translated into something useful though?


Turns out it can.


I need shorter chains to connect to the arms.


Just to try it out a little, I made a short potato furrow in the snow in the middle of the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment