2009/08/02

Getting close.

Busy busy day today.

Now that all the holes have been drilled I painted the frame.


Finished painting all the brackets.


Went to town, bought some more corks, and this high-density foam rubber weatherstripping. This is very dense stuff, the batteries float pretty well on it and don't bottom out. Self adhesive.


I also plugged the holes in the bottom of the axle bell housings with the new corks, and refilled the differential with 4 gallons of fresh gear oil. No picture of that, since funnels aren't very photogenic. I also built my new grease gun and filled all grease fittings.

Reassembled the tensioner, greased the sliding bits.


Wrapped the motor in fibreglass window screening material to keep the bugs out. This isn't permanent, it's just there until I figure out the best way to build an enclosure for it. Put all the driveshaft parts back in, mounted the keystocks, aligned the tensioner and tightened it up. I also had to cut a shim out of some sheet metal to get the motor mount to line up better.


Batteries in, bolted down. The nuts are insanely hard to turn, I don't really know why. This will make it tough to steal, if nothing else.


Then I started wiring this thing. First up, build the control system.


Bridge the battery terminals in series.


Then it was too dark and there were aphids everywhere, so I called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment