2009/07/05

I need another hole in the frame like I need another hole in my head.

Got the motor mount finished at last. Sharpening 5/8ths drill bits with an angle grinder is not fun. Now that the motor's position is finalized, I need a belt tensioner. The belts I have are just a touch too long, so if I can get one size smaller I can make a pushing style tensioner which will put more of the belt surface area in contact with the pulleys and improve performance and the lifetime of the belts.



With the drivetrain waiting on parts for the tensioner, I built a replacement frame for the front of the hood. When the previous owner removed the engine, they kept the radiator frame, which is fine, as it is indeed part of the engine, but it's also integral to the hood. Fortunately, it's easy enough to make my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment