2009/07/25

Check out the rack on that.

Got the wheel in place, and I cut and filed an appropriately sized bit of keystock for the tensioner wheel. I also made one for the shaft coming off the motor.


Painted the bracket from Thursday.


Time to figure out how to put these batteries in the frame.


The steering column makes it a little difficult to get things in there nice and straight, unfortunately.


This looks pretty promising.


I've got to keep the rear 2 in the middle, as the frame tapers down closer to the transmission case, and the sheetmetal that hangs off the hood (eventually) will need to sit flush with the frame itself.


So I have to do this wackey offset in the middle. That's probably not a bad thing, really, it means I have to put more support in the middle to hold it all up.


Only got the first weld done. It was really hot and sunny and I was swaying a bit from the heat, so the stringers aren't as good as I'd like, but they'll work.


So, the battery tray allows enough room for me to mount another 4 batteries above this set when I'm done. I can probably get a third bank of 4 at the front too, if I stack them right. There's no way these things are 100 pounds, probably more like 60 or so, so I'll want more in there anyway.

4 comments:

  1. What's the voltage of the batteries you are using? They look like 3 cell or 4 cell batteries and I can't reconcile the number of batteries with the motor, controller and charger you are using.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. 12 volt batteries. My motor system will run on 48v, so 4 batteries for them. The fifth is for accessories like lights, the motor controller, and eventually a hydraulic pump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the voltage of the d c motor using???????????/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's 48VDC.

    4x 12v in series = 48 (later becomes 8x 6v). I thought I stated this a couple times throughout the build process though. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

    ReplyDelete